GET A FULL MARKET GAP ANALYSIS
First Call Computer Solutions
First Call Computer Solutions is an exceptional company comprised of individuals who prioritize higher ideals over profit. They excel in innovation, thrive on building meaningful relationships with clients and colleagues, and embrace challenges with adaptability and curiosity. Their culture is rooted in traditions and shared experiences, reflecting their commitment to uplift each other and the world. First Call Computer Solutions is not just an IT support company; they are dedicated to making a positive impact through innovation and meaningful connections.
First Call Computer Solutions was in need of a site redesign so we sat down and looked a few things:
What were the pain points we were aiming to solve?
- The site was not producing leads.
- The brand was spread thin across numerous microsites leading to confusion among buyers.
- The site wasn’t being used by sales authorities because they were unaware or unable to use most of the pages.
- Out-of-date copy was damaging authority/trust.
What were the causes of their pain?
- No clear buyer personas.
- Convoluted buyer’s journey.
- Mismatched/inconsistent branding.
- Poor SEO targeting.
- Numerous microsites.
- No branded graphics.
What were the final goals we were hoping to achieve?
- Increase the number of leads.
- Improve lead conversions from both inbound and outbound leads (sales enablement).
- Improve brand recognition and authority
- Improve engagement rate.
- Reduce the amount of traffic specifically coming from people looking for a job.
With the answers to these questions we were able to develop a strategic plan.
Metrics and benchmarks we used to establish the success of the redesign:
- Leads from the website
- Conversion rate
- Web traffic
- Most visited pages
- Engagement rate
- User experience recordings
- Social media
- Interviewed existing clients to determine why they like working with First Call including some long-time clients in varying industries and services.
- Used these interviews to help develop a core message that reflected the benefits of First Call’s relationship-building focus.
Reviewed positive reviews from citations online.
- Determined what the most popular pages were and why – mostly traffic from people looking for employment applications.
- Install data tracking software such as HotJar to start gauging user interactions on pages.
- Review social profiles and take audit of all the different accounts.
Review competitors – what are they doing well? What are they doing differently? How do they structure their services? What keywords are they targeting?
Design decisions based on the research:
- Tone, voice, and messaging were of major focus.
- Include photos of real employees to humanize the business.
- Consistent branding – fonts, colors, layout, language.
Design and Implementation
- Simplified menu to streamline service offerings.
- Created branded graphics for all service offerings.
- Narrowed buyer’s journey.
- Built out dedicated pages for local targets.
- Dedicated pages for industry targets.
- Service and solution specific pages.
- Sales enablement pages.
- Mobile testing.
- Social media consistency.
- URL consolidation and redirects.
Challenges we faced during implementation.
There were numerous microsites that needed to be integrated with the main site. Redirects needed to be created and domains removed.
The same was true for the social sites which clean up took years to complete.
Key Metrics and Benchmarks:
Moving from only a few leads per quarter to consistently pulling in 4-6 qualified leads per month.
How the Design Impacted the Goal:
- Strengthened brand authority with consistency, messaging, tone, and imagery.
- Improve user experience with a streamlined solutions menu, reducing confusing and narrowing the funnel according to specific buyer personas.
- Great feedback from clients on how much they like the site’s content and layout.
- Site leveraged by the sales team for sales process consistently.
- Branding authority is so important. Trends in SEO and marketing are always changing. Microsites & exact match URLs were a popular trend for a while but ultimately wound up spreading our brand too thin. It was a major overhaul to consolidate all of the social profiles and URLs but it led to stronger brand authority and a better user experience.
- Likewise, while each site had a lot of great content, it wasn’t structured for good user experience. Creating a tone/voice that speaks to the clients pain points, understanding their journey, and humanizing the brand helps them relate to the solutions and improve conversions.
- A website should not only be a resource for inbound leads but can also be a major benefit for outbound sales. Creating pages that support the sales process can improve conversions.
- A strong content plan can improve user experience and SEO at the same time.
- Some trends result in a headache. Always put user experience first when considering how to revise/refine your copy or formatting.
- Photography is worth the investment and helps improve the relatability of your content.
- Continued refinement of user experience.
- Always adding new and interesting content to the site to help inform and educate our buyers.
Are you ready to get your Marketing in Shape?
Reach out today to have a no-obligation chat with our marketing experts.
Are you committed?